Thursday, February 15, 2007

SNOW DAY ~ 12 hours later

We made and have been eating chocolate covered strawberries since 3pm. Bill came home with a nice bottle of Chianti at 5pm. The jungle house pygmee is officially in bed and the snow hasn't taken even one breather. In the very a.m. the snow leveled at Ella's knees. By sundown today, it was up to her waist. When she dropped to sitting position in the yard out back, she was practically swallowed by the storm.
I called off work this morning, rationalizing that I'd go in tomorrow to make up some hours. After my third glass of Chianti, I've reasoned that the roads will not be passable tomorrow either and I should just write it off as a loss. Dana will be here by 3pm, Ella's recital's at 7pm and then she and Bill are off to New Hampshire and I've the house to myself with Dana, her two friends from Salem and the makings for a weekend of chocolate martinis. Oh, and I'm sure we'll finish off the strawberries, too.

No comments: