Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bill's Logic

Today, while further cleaning out my desk drawers, I made a big pile of papers and clutter to take to the dump in the morning (I've since decided to bag going anywhere in this storm). As I was stuffing it all into a garbage bag, I saw some of my chicken scratch on one of the sheets of paper and pulled it out to take a look.
Bill's dad and stepmom took he and Ella to Disneyworld this year between Christmas and New Years. I had to stay here, it being a holiday week and me working in the tourism industry and all..... It was a mixed bag. It would have been great to see Ella's face in discovering all of that crazy Disney shit (much as I loathe Disney) but I really did like having the house to myself for six whole days. It was filled with stoney nights, lots of writing, dancing and yoga in the living room by the light of the Christmas tree, midnight walks in the feilds out back and naps in the middle of day.... just because I could.
I guess at some point upon their return Bill and I got all engaged in some discussion about the environment and global warming. At that point, very early in January, it was still practically tropical here. Frightening, really.
What I found, in my chicken scratch, on that sheet of paper, was something Bill had said in the midst of that conversation regarding global warming. I don't know how the conversation came to creating an entirely new atmosphere, but somehow it did. And Bill's response to that possibility was, "They can make an atmosphere! If they can make Disneyland, they can make an atmosphere."
Good logic, Bill. Where's that bubbler?

No comments: