Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pre Massage

In ten minutes I'll drive ten miles up the road to get a massage from a friend of mine. I give anywhere between 7-17 massages a week but rarely get one for myself. And now, with a strained rotator cuff and this kink in my neck, I'm finally taking some care of myself. I know she's going to beat the piss out of me but I am soooo excited to be laying on that table. The right side of my neck is on fire, inflamed from those two cervical vertebrae that insist on pressing against eachother.

I've been in more car accidents that I can count on my two hands (not all of which I was driving) and so my spine, all these years later, still feels the reverberations of those wrecks. I've smashed a friend's windshield with my head, which I'm sure has much to do with the cervical vertebrae bothering me today. Someday, I'll write about the time I crashed into the moving ambulance. Oh, and also about the time I had a head on collision with my VW van, landing in the floor of the passenger seat. That was a doozie. I was driving for both of them.

The sun is shining, the air is cold. I'm off with my hot tea for the drive north.

I'll drive carefully.

1 comment: