Monday, December 04, 2006

Being Heard, Hallelujah

Well, I'm writing from home for the first time. We've been off-line here at our house for almost two years. Our laptop (that could probably be considered retro at this point) got one of those fatal viruses that just wipe it clean. Fried it. I swapped two hours of bodywork with the tech guy who takes care of the computers at the mongo jongo B&B I work at. I've got my work cut out for me, too. He's one big dude.

But it's nice having access to this blog from home. To sit at my desk in front of my window with my own tea cup. My daughter sleeping upstairs (or trying to read her Avatar comic book in the dark).....

I just checked in to my blog and it turns out I had my second comment from someone I don't know. It's taken about three weeks and hopefully they will continue to come. If you're still tuned in, I'd like to say thanks for checking this out and I'd love to hear more. I received a comment on the last post (about mi madre) from a woman of similar age. Thanks for the feedback. If you have a blog, I'd love to know about it.

I'm getting closer to sharing this blog with those I know. I've told some folks that I've been doing it but, so far, I've been enjoying the anonymity of writing for the sake of writing and not knowing the readers. Not really even counting on having readers. When they show up, it's like a great perk. Now that I've had one or two, I crave more.

The moon is full. I think it might be a good night to pull on the wool cape and go say hello. Go talk to the moon. Now that's something I can't do from my office.

Good night world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried to comment a few minutes ago but for some reason couldn't pull up the comment moderation letters. I will never get some of the bugginess of this stuff.
Thanks for linking me. I'll return the favor, not just because of the link but because I like you stuff and will keep reading.
I haven't told many people who know me that I am doing this. I'm liking the partial anonymity.

Laura said...

Hey! I found your blog from Self Taught Artist, and I love reading your stuff!